As a Certified Floodplain Manager, I agree to abide by the following tenets of the Code of Professional Conduct in all of my professional responsibilities.
- Practice honesty and integrity in all of my professional relationships with the public, peers,and employer;
- Be truthful and accurate in my professional communications;
- Be fair and considerate of all persons;
- Foster excellence in floodplain management by staying abreast of pertinent issues;
- Enhance individual performance by attention to continuing education and technology;
- Avoid conflicts of interest resulting in personal gain or advantage;
- Be economical in the utilization of the nation?s resources through the effective use of funds,accurate assessment of flood-related hazards, and timely decision-making;
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information;
- Promote public awareness and understanding of flood-related hazards, floodplain resources, and flood hazard response; and
- Be dedicated to serving the profession of floodplain management and to improving the quality of life.