AFMA Fall Conference Call for Presenters
As a part of the upcoming AFMA Fall Conference, the Conference Committee is asking for individuals to submit abstracts about interesting projects or topics for consideration. Even if you may not be the most comfortable speaking in front of a group, please consider submitting a topic, as your fellow floodplain administrators would like to hear about what you have been doing.
Call for Presenters Opens: April 20, 2023
Abstract Submission Deadline: June 30, 2023
Notification of Abstract Selection: July 31, 2023
Deadline for authors to register to confirm attendance: September 10, 2023
If you are interested in submitting a topic for consideration at the 2023 AFMA Fall Conference, please complete the following information in the forms below.
Notification of Acceptance
If the abstract is selected for inclusion in the Fall Conference, a notification will be sent to the main presenter on or before July 31, 2023. When notified of acceptance, the main presenter is required to respond and confirm receipt of message. All presenters must register for the Conference by September 10, 2023. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their presenter from the program.
If you need help or have any questions about the online submission or registration for Conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read ALL the instructions below before you submit. They include essential information.
- If you would like to present as part of a group, we ask that you identify a single point of contact. The lead presenter will be the sole point of contact for all future correspondence and it will be requested that this person also communicate with others in their group, where appropriate.
- Abstract presenters should allow sufficient time for Q&A within their overall session (e.g., 25-minute slot with 5 min for Q&A).
- Presenters please make sure you have approval from your institution before you submit your abstract.
- You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract. However, we do ask that you confirm your attendance by registering for the Conference by the date mentioned above.
Terms and Conditions:
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, presentations, and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the AFMA website at the completion of the conference.
- If presenting of a group, we respectfully request that all co-authors register for the conference or contact the Conference Committee if other arrangements need to be considered.
- All accepted presenters must register for the Fall Conference by September 10, 2023. If accepted presenters are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the program.
- All presenters are available to present at the conference on October 8 – 11, 2023 in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- Please note, these presentations are to be informative to the audience, and should not be considered as a marketing opportunity to solicit business.