AFMA Fall Conference
Highlighting the AFMA calendar year, our annual fall conference is a unique opportunity for the entire Arkansas floodplain management community to gather as one organization dedicated to mitigating hazards everywhere.
This multi-day event provides a comprehensive review of sound floodplain management best practices, complete with expert presentations from federal agencies, other state floodplain management associations, and peers among the AFMA membership.
2023 Fall Conference
October 8 – 11, 2023
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, AR
So much information is available that it’s not uncommon to have multiple break-out sessions every day of the conference. And while the agenda is certain to be packed, attendees have no trouble in finding the information necessary to successfully manage the floodplain.
Typical course topics and titles from previous conferences include:
- Map Modernization in Arkansas
- Zone A Determinations
- Community Rating System (CRS)
- Basic Floodplain Management
- Elevation Certificate Workshop
Attendees will catch-up on the latest news from FEMA and participate in open discussions about hot topics related to floodplain management.
Honoring communities, individuals, corporations and agencies that excel in the field of floodplain management, AFMA solicits nominations from among its membership for recognition at the annual awards luncheon. The program is a great way to promote flood safe communities and the professionals that make it happen.
Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM‘s)
The fall conference is an AFMA-approved event that qualifies for the award of continuing education credits (CECs). Up to 12 credit hours may be obtained and applied toward the biennial CFM recertification requirement of 16 total credit hours.
Presentations from past conferences:
- 2020 Virtual Fall Conference
- 2019 AFMA Fall Conference
- 2018 AFMA Fall Conference
- 2016 AFMA Fall Conference
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – ASFPM Foundation PPT
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference -Arkansas Cooperating Technical Partner (CTP) Program Update
- AFMA 2015 Fall Conference
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – Arkansas what is my liability 9-25-15 final [ET-7]
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – ArkFPMA 9-29-15
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – ASFPM_Arkansas Chapter Presentation_Fall2015
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – CFM PINS 2015
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – Community Determined BFE
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – CRS_Fall_AFMA_2015
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – Johnny AFMA 2015
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – Main legal Arkansas 2015 final [ET-6] 9-27-15
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – Wagner IL River
- 2015 AFMA Fall Conference – Working Arkansas Negotiations and messaging-[ET-2] 9-25-15
- 2013 AFMA Fall Conference