Nature-based Solutions, Higher Flood Management Standards and FEMA?s Community Rating System
Are you interested in reducing flood insurance premiums while enhancing your community’s resilience?
Then this webinar series is for you.
The National Flood Insurance Program’s (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a federal incentive program that provides flood insurance policyholders with discounts on their premiums in exchange for their community taking actions to reduce flood risk. This free webinar series will specifically highlight how communities may achieve success in the green elements of the program.
This four-part webinar series is your opportunity to learn more about nature-based solutions for community resilience, hear success stories from around the country, ask questions, and share input. CRS experts will share their experience and knowledge about tools, regulations and the process for building community resilience through the CRS.
Individual registration is required for each session. All sessions will run from 2:00 ? 3:30PM EST.
- Webinar #1: October 30, The CRS Green Guide and Natural & Beneficial Functions of Floodplains
- Webinar #2: November 6, Building CRS Capacity: Success Stories at the Local and State Level
- Webinar #3: November 13, CRS Open Space Preservation (Activity 420)Tools, Guidance and Success Stories
- Webinar #4: November 27, CRS Stormwater Management (Activity 450) and Urban Flood Management Best Practices
Continuing Education: 1 CEC for each webinar for CFMs who participate in the entire event.
COST: Free, but registration is required. Seating is limited, register early.
REGISTRATION: Individual registration is required for each webinar. Click the date for each event above to register.
All webinar presentations and materials will be made available through the CRS for Community Resilience website.
By the end of this webinar series, participants will be able to:
- Identify natural and beneficial functions of floodplains and how they increase community resilience;
- Explain how to use the CRS Green Guide and other tools to improve their community’s scores in CRS with elements that enhance community resilience;
- Describe best practices for achieving success in the CRS program; and
- Recognize actions that are credited through specific elements of the CRS program