The Oklahoma Water Resources Board Dam Safety program will host a
Hydrologic Engineering Center?s River Analysis System (HEC-RAS) 2D workshop:
April 11 ? 13, 2017
8:00am – 5:00pm
Associated General Contractors of America
636 NE 41st St. Oklahoma City, OK 73105
This three-day technical course is recommended for intermediate and advanced HEC-RAS users who have experience with previous versions of the software. The course will include lectures and hands-on activities led by instructors from Freese and Nichols, Inc., a regional engineering firm. Discussions and activities will focus on the following topics:
- HEC-RAS 1D Unsteady/1D vs. 2D Modeling;
- Application and benefits of HEC-RAS 2D;
- RAS Mapper and terrain preparation;
- Running 1D and 2D models;
- Dams, levees, and breach modeling;
- Viewing results with RAS Mapper, model review, and troubleshooting; and
- In-depth modeling exercises.
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive 18 hours of Continuing Education Units. Please note that the class is limited to 50 participants, and each is required to bring a laptop equipped with the latest version of HEC-RAS.
Please, be advised that the class is limited to 50 participants (approximately 10 remaining) and your seat is not guaranteed until we receive your payment. Please, don?t hesitate to contact me if you have any question.